Farmers are flabbergasted to learn that Fonterra borrowed money to pay dividends over the last few years.
The awards are part of the Primary Industries Awards Summit, on July 1 - 2.
Federated Farmers says the awards aim to shine a spotlight on the important role the primary sector plays in the economy and honour the most successful and innovative primary industries’ producers and supporters.
The conference is a partnership between Federated Farmers and Conferenz.
The finalists are:
• Primary Industries Team Award:
- DairyNZ, for ‘Rosie the Cow’
- Beef + Lamb NZ, for "Taste Pure New Zealand’
• Primary Industries Science and Research Award:
- Lincoln University, for ClearTech
- Agricom/Greener Pastures, for Ecotain
• Primary Industries Innovation & Collaboration Award:
- Farmlands, for Safe Farm and Safe visits
- AgriCom/Greener Pastures, for Ecotain
- New Zealand Shearing Contractors Association, for Tahi Ngatahi
• Primary Industries Chief Executive of the Year:
- Linda Sissons, PrimaryITO
- Greg Campbell, Ravensdown
The award for outstanding contribution to the Primary Industries will also be made at the awards dinner.